Saturday, May 1, 2010

Gehrig Logoman Patch


Gehrig
Originally uploaded by Jumper48

After reading Sooz’s post on A Cardboard Problem about the 2010 Topps National Chicle baseball inserts that are starting to hit on eBay, I had to take a look at the Gehrig 1/1 Red Umbrella SP.

Being a Lou Gehrig fan leaves me heartbroken quite often due to the nature of his cards. Cards from his playing days are limited and often-high dollar, though I am fortunate enough to have a PSA graded 1933 Goudey #92 Lou Gehrig.

While searching through some Gehrig auctions I came across a 2010 Topps National Chicle Lou Gehrig MLB Logoman patch. Now of course this is a manufactured patch, but I really like this card. It is a great picture of Gehrig and a cool logo patch. Even the price is right, sitting at a little over $25 with a day left.

This is a situation where a manufactured patch does not bother me. Gehrig played in a time when many teams did not even have numbers on their jerseys, so this is a way to bring a pre-war player in to the modern era. This is one card that I will hopefully be adding to my collection before long.

No comments:

Post a Comment