Thursday, December 13, 2012

Golden Age Baseball Pop-Ups Rock!


Panini will be releasing Golden Age Baseball in a little over a week. I am not a big fan of the base set design, the colors just do not appeal to me at all. There are some redeeming qualities though. There is an interesting selection of athletes and popular culture personalities included in the on-card autograph checklist, reprints of some very rare vintage card sets from the early-20th Century as well as unique relics.
 
One insert that has drawn my eye is the Pop-Ups; a sepia-tone card that when the subject is popped out from the card and the card is bent over the person “pops up” like a tent card. There is such a variety too, baseball players, football players, actors and actresses, golfers, horses, boxers and the list goes on. They are inserted at a 1:12 packs so you will get 2 per box.
 
I was excited to see both Curly Howard (Three Stooges) and Buck Weaver (1919 Black Sox) were included on the checklist, I will actively be hunting for both cards. I have seen the 26 that Tracy Hackler posted on Panini’s blog but I do not know if this is the complete checklist or who all is included.





No comments:

Post a Comment