Thursday, January 15, 2015

My Favorite Machete

One of my favorite actors in Danny Trejo, he is just one of those bad-ass “every man” type people. He started off in a less than ideal position in life going in and out of jail and using drugs but he eventually cut that part of his life out and has been clean for around 40 years. He has been type casted in to bad guy/gangbanger roles but in recent years he has taken on the anti-hero role in movies like Machete, which is one of my favorite movies, if you haven’t seen it and you like action and comedies you are in for a treat. I have a Machete movie poster above my computer and I want to add a Machete Kills poster but I don’t know which one yet.
In 2013 the production company Machete’s Chop Shop, they are the producers of the Machete movies, released a small card set (67-card checklist) in conjunction with the upcoming Machete Kills movie. There were only 300 sets printed and promo cards were handed out at the different comic-cons and this card is P4. I picked up this card for a little over $6 and seems to be the most common promo card available. I saw a P2 (The threesome version) card go for $11 recently beating out my max bid by .41 cents... Damn!!!

I still need to pick up a complete set, I have been watching one over the last few weeks that has dropped in price each time it is re-listed so I am waiting until it drops under $20 before purchasing it.
There are even Linday Lohan autograph cards but get ready to spend well over $100 to get one, there are two versions; April Booth and Sister April Booth
 
If anyone happens to have any of the Machete promo cards that were handed out at Wizard World conventions in Philadelphia (P1) New York City (P2) or Chicago (P3), I would love to make a trade if you are willing to let it go. Here are what the promo cards look like:





No comments:

Post a Comment