Tuesday, February 13, 2018

The Art Gallery- 2009 Topps SpongeBob SquarePants


This month’s Art Gallery display is from Paul Tibbitt and was part of the 2009 Topps SpongeBob SquarePants Premier Edition release. Paul Tibbitt is one of the original animators, writers and storyboard artists of the SpongeBob show but moved up the line and is now an Executive Producer of the show, additionally he was the director of the second SpongeBob movie and is currently the director of the third SpongeBob movie that will be out in 2019. He has announced that after he completed the third movie he will be retiring from the SpongeBob SquarePants series.

I will admit that I enjoy the show and have been watching it with my kids for probably a good 14 years. Even now I will watch the show if the kids have it on and recently watched the second movie.

The sketch cards were 1:151 packs and are extremely rare, near impossible really, since the release I have seen maybe 6-8 sketch cards when I picked this one up in 2016. The cards are basic but when you see one, it doesn’t matter the subject, and you want one you, just pick it up.

2 comments:

  1. That's pretty sweet. I never really got into the show, but I remember my niece and nephew making me watch it back in the day. The voice of Spongebob, Tom Kenny is going to be signing at a Las Vegas Comic and Toy Show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. in two weeks. I was going to buy a Funko Pop and have him signed it, but they're insanely priced.

      Delete