Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Well Now I am Standing. Happy?


Sometimes I feel like I am so late to the party. I finally sat down and watched Guardians of the Galaxy and I loved the movie. I felt that it is one of Marvel’s better comic book movies and I thought Rocket Raccoon was hilarious.

What I found interesting is that Rocket was never intended to be a major character when he appeared in Marvel Preview #7 in 1976. The Marvel Preview books were essentially filler stories that allowed them to bypass the Comic Code and to see how certain characters would be accepted by readers. His first "Fleshed out" appearance was in Hulk #271 in 1982.

I decided to start a mini RR personal collection and these are my first 3 cards, I don’t think I will chase anything major but I have picked up a couple of cards and have my eyes on some more. I love the art on some of the TCG cards, they are usually pretty unique and varied from what you find in the normal card releases.

No comments:

Post a Comment