Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Bader Wins The Bellator Light-Heavyweight Championiship


Last Saturday night Ryan Bader had his first fight in Bellator MMA against Light-Heavyweight Champion Phil Davis for the belt, something that Bader never had the opportunity to do in the UFC. The fight went the full 5 rounds and went to the judges and in a split decision Ryan Bader became the new Bellator Light-Heavyweight Champion. It was a nail bitter until the end, it could have gone either way and I really thought Davis did enough to appear more active, though all of his takedown attempts were stuffed by Bader, and win over the judges but when the announcer said "And new champion..." I jumped out of my seat.
I have not picked up many Bader cards lately but I did grab this 2017 Topps Knockout Auto-Relic about a week ago. This is my 129th Ryan Bader card (Not counting three Topps Vault cards) which puts my collection at 38.8% of all Bader cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment