Sunday, November 11, 2018

A Somber Rememberance


It was 11:11 on 11/11/1918 that the armistice was signed that put an end to The Great War, World War I. Entire towns were wiped off the map and weapons so destructive were used that the war was known as The War To End All Wars because people felt that mankind would never want to fight another war after seeing such brutality. 



In remembrance of the armistice that ended that war, I would like to share my World War I gray whale. From the 2009 Topps American Heritage Heroes set, the World War I Soldier’s Leggings. This card sat on my Wants List since day 1 but I removed it because I had not seen one show up in a number of years and replaced it with a card I figured I would have a better chance of finding. I was fortunate enough for it to show up two weeks ago, a bit high but I had eBay Bucks that were expiring and didn't want the card to slip through my fingers once again. 

4 comments:

  1. That's a pretty awesome card to get, and to show today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. a fitting tribute! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool card. I'm glad you were finally able to cross that one off of your wantlist. I really should go and read more about WWI, since I know so little about it. I guess my entire life I've been so fascinated with WWII history... that's where I've invested all my time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this information! Keep on sharing.

    Freda | games.lol puzzle games

    ReplyDelete