Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Can 5 Cards Make You A Supercollector?


Many people look up to Pat Tillman, myself included. The man gave up a career playing in the NFL to join the Army along with his brother, who gave up a career in baseball after signing with the Cleveland Indians. In 2004 he was killed in a friendly fire incident in Afghanistan. 

Pat Tillman’s NFL career was brief (1998-2001), and he only has a total of 8 cards, though TCDB only lists 6. The others being one that I believe was part of a 2001 Pepsi promotion and the other a mythological 2010 Leaf Sports Icons Cut Signatures Update #642.

I have five of the cards, I have seen the Pepsi card and the front of the 2017 Donruss Certified Cuts- Legendary Cuts while the Leaf card is a mystery to me. I see the 2010 Leaf card as one of those “If there are no pictures, it didn’t happen” situations. I don’t believe it exists unless someone can verify it. Either way, the 2017 Donruss and 2010 Leaf cards are listed as #1/1 so I have no hope of ever owning them, so the Pepsi card is now a White Whale.  

2001 Fleer Tradition #325
2001 Fleer Tradition Glossy #325
2001 NFL Showdown #13
2001 Upper Deck MVP #7
2001 Upper Deck MVP F/X #7

1 comment:

  1. You've got my support for Pat Tillman super collector. The guy is a legend here in San Jose. I don't have any specific memories or proof for that matter, but there's a good chance I saw him play in high school.

    ReplyDelete