Monday, November 26, 2018

Question Day- Did You Take Part In The Sales?


Today is question day:

Did you take part of any of the Black Friday / Cyber Monday sales?

For the last few years I have taken part of COMC’s weekend sales, I prefer picking up singles over gambling with a box. Two years ago they included scratchers in the orders where people could win COMC credit or free shipping but they didn’t do it last year or this year. Instead they include $5 COMC credit with every 100 cards you have included in your shipment. This is part of the reason I don’t request shipment throughout the year until Black Friday.

This year I did something I haven’t done in a long time, I ordered a Mars Attacks Revenge box from Dave and Adams. This will be the first box that I have opened since 2013 or 2014 but this was just an exception due to the product. It was $29.95 and each box includes a complete base card set, 25 green parallels, a sketch card and one additional hit (autographs or printing plates). I am working on the Mars Attacks sets, otherwise I wouldn’t have purchased the box.

7 comments:

  1. I went a little crazy on singles on COMC but stayed away from any box purchases. I just requested shipment a couple hours ago for my cards with an expected delivery of 12/20. I guess it will be a nice Christmas present.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I purchased exactly one card, for 51 cents, on COMC. That's it this year. I would have done a little more, but with medical and car expenses, and having to buy a new computer earlier this month, I couldn't do it. The 51 cents that I spent came from sales on COMC, and I sold a couple more cards so I'm back to 43 cents in my account. I'm sure it won't last the night...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got enough for free shipping. had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wasn't planning on shopping anywhere other than COMC... but last week I hit a beg jackpot while visiting my parents in Vegas. Ended up buying a few things at DA, Blowout, and Steel City. Nothing crazy... just a few small boxes for the holiday season. Also grabbed a set I've wanted for quite some time... but never thought I'd actually own.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Made a few box purchases for a friend and a few for myself. Nothing too crazy, but the prices were to low to pass up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No. In fact I haven't bought as much as a pack since last Christmas. I do however still have my mondo 1000+ pack stash.

    ReplyDelete