Wednesday, November 13, 2013

My 1,000 Post (+1)!


Wow, I didn’t even realize until after I posted it but yesterday’s post was my 1,000th post. It took 4 years, 5 months and 6 days for me to hit #1,000, which breaks down to almost 19 posts a month.
 
The one thing that I have been contemplating over the past few weeks, as I moved closer to that thousandth post, is that I don’t feel like I really have a true blog identity. I wanted to try and cover everything and be completely unbiased, I wanted to offer previews and write ups, commentary and insight as well as include my personal experiences within the hobby. One thing I have learned is that I can cover many things with mediocrity or I can cover a few things well. I tried to cover too much and occasionally my posts got lost, I need to reign in my coverage and stick to what I know.
 
I have some changes in mind that I plan on kicking off in January, essentially I want to get back to what I initially planned for the blog, “Meanderings of a collector”.
 
Here is to the beginning of the next 1,000 posts!

1 comment: