Tuesday, February 24, 2015

I Am Seeing Double


 
Sometimes you wonder when exactly a designer gave up on building a set. In my recent JustCommons order I had picked two 2013 Panini USA Baseball Champions Griffey cards (#29 & #41) and I knew the cards were similar but forget similar, the cards are exactly the same. The only difference is the card number on the back.
 
Why would a company do this? There are plenty of Griffey images available from the 2006 World Baseball Classic. There are other players who have two cards in the base set and they have two different images for their cards. This is just lazy.

3 comments:

  1. I ran into this exact scenario a year ago. I probably stared at these two cards for a half an hour looking for some king of difference. If you look at this link here, I'm thinking the Griffey card shown was meant to be in the set but they screwed up, as I cant find this card anywhere. http://www.cardboardconnection.com/2013-panini-usa-baseball-champions-baseball-cards

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would explain it, one of the cards must be an error that was not corrected.

      Delete
  2. I'm the Griffey guy, and even I can't explain it. I've always just assumed error.

    ReplyDelete