Tuesday, July 12, 2016

My "Lend Me Your Ear" Collection


I went to a private art school fir my degree so I spent a lot of class time studying the masters. I learned to appreciate various styles and artists but I have always had an affinity for Vincent van Gogh. I studied his life, his style and his choices and while I am not a huge fan of Post-Impressionism, I love Futurism, I do enjoy his paintings. Three of my Top 5 paintings are van Gogh’s work.

Because I am a huge fan of his paintings I like to see him included on checklists over the last decade, mainly Topps and Upper Deck. I have done my best to build a mini pc of his cards and would love to someday pick up one of the Goodwin Champions Art of the Ages painted cards with one of van Gogh’s paintings.

Currently I have 10 van Gogh cards in my collection and these were released between 2008 and 2014. I have my eye on some of his very unique cards so I will continue to add to this collection.








 
 
 
Don't forget, you can still enter my 7th Blog-versary contest until tomorrow night
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment