Thursday, July 21, 2016

The Countdown To Enshrinement


I know I just finished up twenty straight Griffey posts during my move and vacation but in less than four days George Kenneth Griffey Jr. will go from “Future” Hall of Famer to an official Hall of Famer. He will join an elite group of 312 athletes and officials (310 already inducted plus Griffey and Piazza) who have dedicated their lives to the sport and achieved greatness.

I decided that for the next three days I will be posting about Griffey cards that I picked up in trades. What better way to start celebrating Griffey’s greatness than covering a trade package from the greatest Griffey collector T.J. of The Junior Junkie. This package came in March and I was waiting for the right time to post about it and there is no better time than the countdown to Griffey’s enshrinement.

The package was straight off of my Want List, everything was a welcome and necessary need for my collection and range from 1989 Bowman through 2015 Panini Prizm plus a Junior Junkie card.





1 comment:

  1. I don't think the 1989 Topps or Bowman Griffey rookie cards get the respect that they deserve. Both are such awesome looking cards.

    ReplyDelete