Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Holiday Fun From Topps


When I worked as a retail manager I really was not a fan of Christmas, not a miser but definitely a Debbie Downer because I worked up to 90 hours a week, usually spent a number of years running overnight crews and I dearly missed my family. There were a couple of years where my kids were taken to see Santa by my parents because I was either sleeping or working but now those days are long behind me and I love Christmas again, really the whole season beginning in October.
 
When I found out that Topps was releasing a Walmart exclusive holiday set I was excited. I know that there isn’t a whole lot of difference between this set and the base set but it has freaking snowflakes so they are automatically better which means of course I have to pick up the Mariners cards.
 
The blasters were supposed to be released today and I may be hitting my local story tomorrow so I will check to see if they have any available. The addition of Griffey would have been nice but I will make due.

2 comments:

  1. I saw this as well. I think it's pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's definitely a fun little twist on the base design and it looks much better than the much-maligned "smoke." I'll probably try my hand at a pack or two.

    ReplyDelete