Thursday, January 25, 2018

Ready For Some XFL?

It is official, there will be an XFL reboot and play starts in 2020. Some of the information released during Vince McMahon's announcement today is that there will be 8 teams of 40 players each and that the teams will be owned by the league.

McMahon also said that the league is about football, not about wrestling, politics or social issues. A couple of other points he made; the game will be family friendly, safer and faster (he wants games to last no more than 2 hours).

6 comments:

  1. No more than two hours? I can get behind that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's how I feel too and I think the league will also get attention if they do actually focus on player safety.

      Delete
  2. Time to bust out my He Hate Me rookie cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool....I wonder if we'll have cards at some point?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would expect cards in the first year like with the 2001 XFL. Topps did the 2001 set and Vince McMahon already works with Topps on the wrestling sets so that seems like an easy choice.

      But there is always Upper Deck because they have never shied away from fringe sports and it would bring them back in to football and there is also Panini's attempt at controlling the trading card market.

      Delete
  4. I like options, but I'm not expecting much from this. I jumped in full force with the original, and while I'm glad he's trying to distance himself a bit from the first attempt, some things he said just makes me think it will be a bust.

    That conference call was horrible too since most were too hung up on the National Anthem and asking what cities. I'm glad he announced it with a 2 year window to sort it out, but I'll wait about a year and a half before I seriously consider them.

    Also, Vince sounds like he's been sick lately. He didn't sound like that on Monday on Raw, but the last time he wasn't in VKM character his voice seemed weak too. I wonder if he's okay.

    ReplyDelete