Wednesday, January 25, 2012

A 2011 Topps Football Repack Box Pans Out Nicely

I was looking to pick up a repack football box to do my Super Bowl prediction like I did last year and instead felt the call of a 2011 Topps football repack box instead. I picked up the Topps box, which contained 11 packs of 2011 Topps football plus 2 Chrome Refractors and 1 Super Bowl Legends code card. I decided to just bust this box for fun and I will pick up the random repack box next week to use for my prediction.

You start with a Cam Newton and Blaine Gabbert Chrome Refractor and a Super Bowl Legend code card, and this is before even opening a pack. Once the pack busting began I hit a pretty solid lucky streak until I came across a nice surprise. The last few packs were pretty average s but I was happy no matter what even though I did pull 11 duplicates.

Here are some of the better pulls and inserts from the box:
A trio of Seahawks including Mr. Skittles, Marshawn Lynch

A nice group of rookies

My required Clyde Gates rookie card (This year’s Mardy Gilyard)

Takeo Spikes, does this guy have bad luck or what? He has been in the league 12 years now and played over 200 regular season games but he has never been to the playoffs. 

The former (potentially) starting QB for the Jets and the future (potentially) starting QB of the Jets if rumor unfolds in to truth.

The inserts:
Faces of the Franchise

Game Day


Super Bowl Legends


Super Bowl Legends code cards

Which turned in to these


Chrome Refractors

Bowman Football
Beginning top left: Cooley, Bradshaw, Best, Johnson, Peterson, Mallett

The surprise highlight of the box:
A Bowman Football First Color Logo Ndamukong Suh parallel #31/50
In retail packs these are 1:1060 (even in hobby packs they are 1:350)



No comments:

Post a Comment