Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Vintage Card of The Month: Jim Thope

The Super Bowl is Sunday so I wanted to keep with a football theme for the Vintage Card of the Month. I posted a 1955 All-American last month so I went a different direction this month, so instead of selecting a vintage card I went with a vintage player; Jim Thorpe.

 This card is from the 2003 Donruss Elite release and is part of the Throwback Threads insert, the card contains a swatch of a Canton Bulldogs jacket that was worn by Thorpe during a game and the card is #/250. The thing I like about Donrss was that they included a picture of the specific jacket and included the image on the back of the card.

*Forgot to add the back of my card, here it is:

2 comments:

  1. It's a nice looking card. So where's the back? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous, I don't have any Thorpe cards. Especially not a relic card. Really nice card for your collection. You're right about the photo matching the swatch. that's a nice detail.

    ReplyDelete