Wednesday, December 22, 2010

2010 Topps Chrome Football

I am trying to finish up the last of my random blaster boxes/packs that I have sitting on my dresser before the end of the year and after tonight’s Topps Chrome Football I am down to just a blaster of Topps UFC.

I picked up a blaster of 2010 Topps Chrome Football along with a rack pack and a couple of individual packs and I decided to just lump everything together in one review. The football release does not seem to rub me like the baseball release, may be because the action shots in football are more fun to look at add in that I pulled a pretty decent selection of cards with only 1 double from 15 packs and that was a very cool CJ Spiller Bowman Chrome rookie too. Finally none of my football cards have the typical Chrome bend to them so that is a plus.


This was a pretty good selection of players; Matt Hasselbeck, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Wes Welker and Calvin Johnson among the regular base cards. I also pulled some decent refractors including a Refractor Beanie Wells, a Blue Refractor Dallas Clark and Orange Refractors of Reggie Bush and Steve Smith.


This year has not been a bumper crop of rookies with many of the early expectations going down with injuries or never really fulfilling the prophecies. I pulled 24 rookie cards all together with the most notable pulls; Dexter McCluster, Mike Williams and Ben Tate. Add in an Orange refractor of Jacoby Ford, Purple Refractor of Jordan Shipley and an X-fractor of Earl Thomas. I pulled a double of C.J. Spiller Bowman Chrome rookie and while his season has not hit expectations there is still hope for him in the future.


The Joe Montana Rookie Reprint is cool, though I think I like the original card better over the chrome version. A couple of Gridiron Lineage rounded out my experience; Jonathan Stewart/Jonathan Dwyer and Adrian Peterson/Javid Best.


I just noticed on the back of the packs differences between the odds in some of the hits. I know that there are differences between Hobby and Retail packs but I have not seen differences between Retail packs before. The Blaster Box Blue Refractors are 1:53 and the Rack Pack/Individual Packs Blue Refractors are 1:52 and the Blaster Triple Rookie Autograph Refractors are 1:287,000 where the Rack Packs Triple Rookie Autograph Refractors are 1:129,000.



This was overall a very good round of packs for me, lots of players I like and a handful of players that can possibly turn out to be solid producers for their teams in the future.
 

2 comments:

  1. Did you happen to pull a Jonathan Crompton RC? I've been wanting one for a while now. Email me; I'm sure we can work a trade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I didn't happen to pull a Crompton rookie card.

    ReplyDelete