Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas To All... And To All A Goodnight

I would like to wish all of my readers a Merry Christmas


As Santa Claus finishes the tail end of his journey, according to NORAD he is currently in Anchorage, Alaska, I am focusing completely on some of his special cards that have graced the collecting community from his 1952 Topps Rookie card to a handful of autographs and memorabilia cards.



His Topps autograph and relic cards (along with the '52 Topps rookie) found their way in to my collection a couple of years ago when Topps released an 18 card Santa Claus set in 2007. After Christmas Target had the sets on sale for around $5 each, not a bad deal for 16 base cards plus an autograph and memorabilia card of everyone’s favorite jolly old elf.



By far the Upper Deck Holiday-Worn Jersey employee card is my favorite. The card was handed out to Upper Deck employees and special customers in 1998. The reason I like it is because it is a jumbo oversized card at 3 ½” x 5” and Santa’s “jersey” relic piece is the size of a half dollar. I actually leave the card out on display all year long along with my Ken Griffey Jr Santa Hat relic card, another jumbo relic card from Upper Deck.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment