Thursday, July 31, 2014

The Best Of Griffey 2014 Pickups


Today in continuation of my Griffey week I am going to just show some of my favorite cards that I have picked up this year. Tomorrow I will finish the week with my all-time favorite Griffey cards in my collection that I have picked up over the past 21 years.
 
Selecting just 10 of my favorites from my 2014 pickups is difficult, I picked up some cornerstone collection cards like the 1993 & 1994 Finest along with some early Diamond Kings. I exercised some Griffey ghosts along the way too.
 
I think the most interesting card of this year’s pickups is the 1989 Upper Deck Griffey rookie error card with Chuck Crim and Thad Bosley double printed on the back. Believe it or not, this card cost me a little under $20 with shipping (just under my self-imposed max of $20), I am surprised to see them selling for around $50 now only 4 months later.

 

So here are my Top 10 favorites from this year's pickups, in chronological order (But not in order of favorite):

1989 Baseball Cards Magazine


1993 Finest

1994 Donruss Diamond Kings

1994 Finest

1994 Stadium Club Finest

1996 Score Pitcher Perfect


1999 Fleer Traditions (1961 Variation)



2013 Gypsy Queen Sliding Stars

2013 Panini Hometown Heroes Nicknames

2014 Allen & Ginter's Pastime's Pastimes


Yea, I slipped an eleventh card in, I couldn't force myself to cut out the 1994 Finest card even though it is similar to the 1993 Finest it is a cool card on it's own so it made the cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment