Thursday, May 12, 2016

My Collection In One Image


Next month I am moving after living here for nearly 8 years and even though I had organized my collection last year it was still spread out pretty well and to get everything as minimal as possible I ended up putting most of my collection in to 5,000-ct boxes. After a couple of hours of semi-collating and packing I have roughly 95% of my collection in 4 ½ 5,000-ct-boxes, this includes most of my supplies too.

I realize that I really was not as organized as I initially thought I was. I had cards on display in three different locations, I had cards in 500-ct, 1,000-ct, 3,000-ct and 5,000-ct boxes, I had supplies in a drawer as well as a large storage bin and that isn’t counting bobble heads, SLU/McFarlane figures and various memorabilia. Ugh…

Now most of my collection is in a nice little stack with some empty boxes left over with memorabilia going in to their own packing box and my Griffey collection in a separate 1,000-ct box and I am another step closer to moving. Next will be unpacking everything after I move but that is more fun that packing my collection away.

 

3 comments:

  1. I don't know that I will ever get that organized, but I'm pretty happy with myself as long as can I keep my collection to one room of the house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm super jealous of you. I've got cards everywhere: parent's house, my office, my garage, my classroom, and in my friend's garage. One of these days, I'll take one of my summers off and consolidate everything into one location. One of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the move. Make sure to send me your new address. I've got a couple of Griffey cards put aside for you that I forgot to bring in March.

    And, yeah, my collection is soooo disorganized right now. I haven't caught up from the broken water pipe in February, and cards are scattered in multiple rooms throughout the house. Someday I'll make time to organize my Browns again at the very least.

    ReplyDelete