Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Screen It Griffey Style


I finally was able to pick up the two Griffey cards from the 1997 Topps Screen Plays release. The set was made up of a 20-card base checklist, including all the big names of the era, along with a 6-card Premium Series insert which were inserted at a 1:21 packs odds.

On the base card checklist, he is card #7 and it shows him batting. I picked this card up along with the tin. As you rotate the card his name appears across a blue bar and the Screen Plays logo changes to the Mariners logo.

The Premium Series insert, card #1, shows him diving to make a catch. Like the base card as you rotate the card his name appears, this time along a gold name bar.

 

As a reminder, I will be using the McGwire Screen Plays tin/card along with the other 4 (surprise) players tin/cards as prizes in my blogiversary contest. Because of my upcoming move I am pushing my blogiversary back one month from June 6th to July 6th.

1 comment:

  1. Those Screen Plays cards are really neat and the tins are cool too!

    ReplyDelete