Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Vintage Card Of The Month: 2010 SportKings Series D And 1974 Towa Bruce Lee


 
This month’s VCoM is a double dose of the Master with the first card coming from a pseudo vintage set, the 2010 SportKings Series D. The Sports Kings name had been brought back in to existence by Dr. Brian Price in 2007 with the release of 2007 SportKings Series A and was produced through 2013 SportKings Series F and last year the brand was sold of Brian Grey of Leaf along with Dr. Prices other licenses.

Even though I was only a year old when Bruce Lee died I still felt like I was brought up watching him with my older brother. I grew up watching The Green Hornet reruns along with his movies. I looked up to him and like every other kid imitated his martial arts moves, eventually training in American Kenpo for years before I was disabled.

Lee does not have many collectibles even with his popularity the options are limited. Along with the 2010 SportKings release he is on the 2007 Topps Allen & Ginter’s checklist plus the 1966 Donruss The Green Hornet release. Additionally, he has a couple of foreign releases like the second half of the VCoM post, this 1974 Towa card from Japan. He does have a couple of relics and sketch cards but they are usually triple digits and up.

1 comment:

  1. Enter the Dragon is one of my favorite films of all-time. I probably watched it 100 times as a kid. I think the only movies I watched more were probably Fast Times @ Ridgemont High, The Breakfast Club, and of course the original Star Wars films. I think I'm going to need to add a vintage Lee card to my collection.

    ReplyDelete