Tuesday, December 20, 2016

The Art Gallery: 2015 Nightmare Before Christmas ACEO


This month’s Art Gallery comes from an artist that is selling his own artwork over the internet. It is a pretty standard ACEO type of sketch card with a blank back, except for the description and artist’s signature.
 
I picked up this card up right before last Christmas and as you know I am a big fan of The Nightmare Before Christmas and since there are no official TNBC sketch cards I went with this bad boy, a pen and colored pencil piece. I just looked it up to see if I could find the artist’s name, besides D. Quinn, and I realized I paid a lot more than I should have paid. Probably double what I would pay for an ACEO sketch card today. I must have been feeling quite festive.
 
The scene is right after Lock, Shock and Barrel kidnapped Santa for Jack and bring him back in their trick-or-treat bag. Santa pops out of the bag and Jack comes over to explain that Santa can take a vacation because he will be taking his place. There are two small errors that the artist made; at this point in the scene Jack does not have his own Santa hat, he takes Santa's hat off of his head, and he doesn't wink his eye but otherwise the card is pretty spot on.

I promise, this is my last Nightmare Before Christmas post until at least next Halloween.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment