Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Get Ready For Some Star Wars Awesomeness




I am a Star Wars nerd; I have been since I saw the original Star Wars (pre-New Hope tag line) in theaters when I was 5 years old. I played with action figures, read the comic books and some of the novels and I have collected the cards. Over the last decade or so sets have been hit or miss, some were well designed while others were disappointing. Last year Topps released Galactic Files, easily among the best sets available. This year they are proving that Galactic Files was not a fluke; Topps is set to release Jedi Legacy in May.

The 2013 Star Wars Jedi Legacy focuses on the father-son relationship of Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker. I planned on doing an in depth review of the upcoming release in the next couple of days but I wanted to start out with a little nerdgasm…

Topps is including the first ever Star Wars relics in the set, Chewbacca’s fur, an Ewok’s fur and a piece from Jabba’s sail barge. How cool is this? I love that Topps is using different die-cuts for each card that represents the relic.



No comments:

Post a Comment