Thursday, June 18, 2015

My Strange Addiction


 Hello, my name is Corky and I am an addict

 
Ok, now that that is out of the way I will admit that I have taken the first step in to the world of 2014 Topps High Tek Baseball when I purchased a pair of Ken Griffey Jr. (#HT-KG1) base wave cards. I knew buying this card would lead me down the path to “Pattern” Hell and this is the reason I didn’t get involved in the original Tek release and why I don’t get caught up in chasing the rainbow every time a company adds 10 parallels of each card in to their sets.

I went all in for the enticing sales pitch, even falling for the “Get 2 cards for the price of 1” way that dealers sucker you in with that first taste. I am now sitting on a couple cards wanting every diffractor and variation that Topps can get in to packs and sneak past law enforcement on to the shelves of their street peddlers. 

You would think that at the prices that people are selling them at that Topps somehow figured how to infuse heroin in to the acetate that the cards are made from.



1 comment:

  1. Yeah, same here. I've got three or four version now, but I kinda want them all.

    ReplyDelete