Tuesday, June 16, 2015

The Warriors Win In A Close One

Congratulations to the Golden State Warriors and head coach Steve Kerr. The game tonight was a back and forth tough match and went down to the last minute, in what seemed like an impossible comeback by LeBron James and the Cavaliers. In the end the Warriors were able to finally shut down the attempted comeback with 10 seconds left and the team won their 4th championship, the last one being in 1975.

I have been a huge fan of Stephen Curry since he came in to the league in 2009, even writing a post in my first month as a blogger about the 2009 NBA Draft when I was hoping the rumors of him being traded to the Suns for Amare Stoudamire were real. I am glad that he was able to win but I do have to wonder how the series would have turned out had Kevin Love and Kyrie Irving been healthy.

I do want to point out that there is a University of Arizona connection going on for the Warriors. Steve Kerr (Head coach), Luke Walton (Assistant Coach) and Andre Iguodala (NBA Finals MVP) all were Arizona Wildcats…. Just sayin…


 
A bonus fact, this is Steve Kerr’s 6th NBA Championship. He won 5 with the Bulls and Spurs as a player and now one as a coach.

1 comment:

  1. Didn't watch a single game... but I'm definitely happy for Warriors fans.

    ReplyDelete