Tuesday, October 11, 2016

And Another Good One...


About a month and a half ago I had written a post about Zistle. I have been part of the Zistle community since January 2014 and in that time I have added well over 3,000 cards including images. I have remained rather active on the site using it to catalog my growing Griffey collection as well as a good portion of my collection and I went through spurts of activity on the forum.
 
Earlier this year Beckett filed a lawsuit against Zistle claiming copyright infringement in regards to the checklists that were being used and at that time the owners of the site went quiet, which was expected due to the lawsuit. There have been no updates and Josh and Ashley were not even posting on the forum or updating new sets. I tried contacting them to no avail. I was going to begin transferring my Griffey collection over to Excel in case Zistle went down but a recent find has come to light and we finally have an answer.
 
No information has been announced but Zistle has been bought out by Beckett.
 
 
 
 

10 comments:

  1. It really ticks me off. Love Zistle. I don't blame Josh and Ashley, before the Beckett BS they had been running the site well. Not getting any updates has been annoying and then learning in the last few days that Beckett bought them out. The latest is apparently the certificate for the site has expired, or was force expired and for now is not available via Google Chrome, it can still be accessed via Firefox and I'm guessing Internet Explorer, but I haven't tried using IE in ages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I did, I am using Firefox so I can pull my card lists.

      Delete
  2. Really???

    I better start exporting my files now because you and I know however Zistle remains, it will be shit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know what Beckett has planned but I am willing to bet it will involve a required paid subscription.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was really irritating that new sets and card edits weren't getting approved. I guess it is time to start looking elsewhere for a utility with similar functions. I'd name a couple of potential candidates here, but Beckett might be reading this, looking for someone else to sue/buy out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's all the fashion shoes lady's fault. I blame her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I swear it seems like I delete posts from that bot ever other day.

      Delete
  6. This sucks. Zistle was the best site I've used to track my collection. The really crappy thing is that I just finished my existing collection about 3 weeks ago, and it was just a matter of adding new things as I got them. Now the thought of starting over somewhere else...*sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, as they say, build a better mouse trap. I own a software company and I've gotten way deep into collecting again. I'm researching the industry, the tech, and the opportunity. Beckett buying Zistle seems to open the door for someone else to build something better. I would love to hear what this community thinks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be all in and would love to be part of something that is helpful for the hobby.

      Delete