Wednesday, October 26, 2016

They See Me Rolling


Growing up I remember skating with friends, me with my ugly ass old school wood long board and they with their new, light-weight skateboards with tricked out decks, trucks and wheels and the boards loaded up with bad-ass stickers from guys like Tony Alva and companies like Santa Cruz. We would watch videos of Tony Hawk, who was just a few years older than us, and try to replicate everything he did usually ending up more humorous than awesome.
 
I have grown up and no longer skate, but my son has carried on the tradition, but that doesn’t mean that I have forgotten those days. I have had a short list of Tony Hawk cards that I have been watching, mainly relics, and when this 2004 Donruss card showed up I had to have it. I may have paid a little more than I should have but this card rarely shows up any more so I am good with paying what I did.

1 comment: