Thursday, January 26, 2017

A One Card GPK Post



I love coming across cards that I never knew about, which is the case with some Breaking Bad cards from the 2014 Topps Garbage Pail Kids Series 1 set. There were various bonus cards inserted in to hobby boxes, retail boxes and jumbo packs. In the Hobby Boxes there were eight different bonus cards which included two Breaking Bad cards (#B4a and B4b) and these bonus cards were inserted one per box.

I was able to pick up the #B4a Breaking Brad last summer for under $10 but I was outbid for the #B4b Weird Walt version. I am still watching for Weird Walt with no luck. On a separate note, when the artwork was originally done for this card in 2013 card #B4a was supposed to be Weird Walt and #B4b was supposed to be Brock Candy, I am not sure why they changed it but I think the names they finally used are better choices.

1 comment:

  1. I used to collect GPKs as a kid, but I've missed out on all the new ones until my 7 yr old daughter showed an interest. We got a blaster of the "Prime Slime Trashy TV" set (I wrote a blog post about it at the time) and it was fun to figure out the pop culture references (some were not as obvious as "Breaking Brad")

    I'm surprised at how popular/pricey GPK singles are. There was an Oscar-themed Jennifer Lawrence GPK I considered buying on COMC but I hesitated to pay $5 for it. A day or two later, someone bought out all the Oscar themed cards, including the J-Law. Considering that, I'd say it's a good thing you got your Breaking Brad card for under $10.

    ReplyDelete