Friday, January 27, 2017

A Patch That Haunts My Nightmares


In my recent COMC order I picked up one of my Top 10 Wants, a 2016 Topps Pro Debut Mascot Patch card of Weebly, who is the mascot of the Everett Aqua Sox. The Aqua Sox are the Class A short season minor league team for the Mariners located in Everett just north of Seattle.

Weebly is not just any frog but a cross between the Pacific tree frog and a Central American red-eyed tree frog. Which makes for a cute cartoon logo but a creepy ass human sized mascot. The Aqua Sox have three different logos with Weebly being their main logo as well as the mascot. In a nod to the Red Sox and White Sox logos they use a pair of aqua colored frog footed sox (Aqua Sox). In 2010 the team updated their identity and using the Mariners trident logo they rotated it to become a trident “E” for Everett.
  

5 comments:

  1. That is creepy and awesome at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always enjoyed Everett's logos, but I had never seen the mascot until now. I wish I wouldn't have seen that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually that reminds of the baby from Dinosaurs, except green with red eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool but man, not sure if I am going to sleep tonight

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a frightening mascot. Imagine you're 3 years old going to your first baseball game and that thing gets in your face. yikes!!!

    The team's logos are awesome though.

    ReplyDelete