Monday, April 30, 2018

Monday Question Day- Your PC?


Today is question day:

Who is your primary player collection? And if there is a story behind it, why do you collect this person?

My main PC player is Ken Griffey Jr. At the time, I had liked the Seattle Seahawks and seeing a young guy coming up for the Mariners who seemed liked he loved the game and not just for the wins made it easy to enjoy watching him play. I didn’t return to collecting until late 1992 so I didn’t start collecting Griffey until early 1993 but he was my favorite player and has been since.

3 comments:

  1. My #1 was Ryne Sandberg, but I think I'd have to say Dan Vogelbach is atop my list these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it had to be one guy, George Brett. I mean, I was about 8 when this star player came along with my name! He actually converted me from Mets fan to Royals fan for a few years (well, the infamous Seaver trade and the general awfulness of the Mets over those years had something to do with it) and those were my prime collecting years.

    I also collect Hoyt Wilhelm, mostly because in those days his cards were really undervalued. Other than that it is Mets guys--Seaver, Carter, Piazza, Edgardo Alfonzo, and now guys like deGrom and Syndergaard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I had to pick one, it's Tony Gwynn. One of the best contact hitters of our time.

    ReplyDelete